Summer @ Burke
Back to School “Brush Up” Programs: August 2022
Brushing up on math or writing skills? Looking to get organized for the coming school year? Consider our one-week “back to school” programs in August.
* students are welcome to combine morning and afternoon classes; they will have from noon to 1 PM for a lunch break Executive Functioning Students will spend the week discovering how they learn best, including which activities and study methods enhance their learning; they will then practice executive functioning skills such as organization, planning, and time management. • Middle School - August 8-12 from 9 AM - 12 PM: register for this session • Middle School - August 15-19 from 9 AM - 12 PM: register for this session
English & Writing Rising 6th graders can brush up on their grammar, reading, and writing skills to prepare for their upcoming English classes, while rising 7th-8th graders will learn prewriting strategies to organize and elaborate on their ideas and structure their written work. High schoolers will cover important writing and analysis habits, skills, and strategies to feel confident in humanities courses.
• Intro to 6th Grade English - August 22-26 from 1-4 PM - register here
• Writing & Grammar Fundamentals for High School - August 22-26 from 1-4 PM - register here
• Writing Workshop for Middle School - August 22-26 from 9 AM - 12 PM - register here
Middle School Math Rising 6th graders will focus on mastering fundamental skills, starting with integer operations, and building to operations with fractions and negative numbers; rising 7th and 8th graders will deepen math skills and explore algebraic concepts, as well as evaluate numerical expressions containing negative numbers, exponents, and square roots.
• Intro to 6th Grade Math - August 22-26 from 9 AM - 12 PM - register here • Rising 7th & 8th Grade Math "Brush Up" - August 22-26 from 1-4 PM - register here